- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tomatoes, diced
- ½ onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons of apple vinegar
- 1 lime, squeeze
- 1 teaspoon of chili lime or red pepper flakes
- Himalayan salt, dash
- 4 tablespoons of roasted hummus
- 2 large flour or corn tortilla
- Virgin olive oil, on hand
Wraps are classic for summer lunches, particularly with the new school year beginning they are perfect for school lunches. Enjoy wraps, stuffed with all your favorite veggies, or fruit.
I purchased my first bundle of Arugula at a local farmers’ market a few years ago—spicy, peppered Arugula. I fell in love with the unique flavors of this leafy vegetable. I was surprised to learn that Arugula belongs to the Brassicaceae family. The spicy aftertaste is delicious, and the texture is similar to kale.
The vitamins found in Arugula supports the immune system. Arugula stimulates white blood cells from the copper in the leaves. If you are seeking for a rich food that supports your immune system, Arugula is excellent.
1. In a large bowl, combine Arugula, cucumber, parsley, and tomatoes. Sprinkle in 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and toss until the vegetables, coat evenly.
2. Squeeze fresh lime juice into the mix of vegetables; sprinkle chili lime (or red pepper flakes), and then add a dash of salt over marinated vegetables.
3. Toss seasoned vegetables. Again, make sure the vegetables are coated equally with the seasoning. Refrigerate for about 2-hour or overnight.
4. In a small round pan (coated with vegan butter or extra virgin olive oil), heat tortilla wraps ( flip on each side for 15-30 seconds).
5. Once heated, tortilla folds with ease once heated. Spread your roasted hummus, not too heavy, but lightly and evenly within an inch of the perimeter of the tortilla.
6. Once your vegetables have chilled and marinated, remove from the fridge. Spoon a layer of veggies in the middle of each wrap.
Fold wraps, right and left edges over the hummus and vegetables. Fold, from the bottom, tuck and roll the wrap.
Garnish with a dash of chili lime seasoning and enjoy.
COOKING TOOLS: CUTTING BOARD AND CHEF KNIFE.
COOKING METHOD: COLD DISH
Add a cup of soup or fruit and enjoy!
Jessica is a rising new face of vegan culinary cuisine who takes pride in her craft as a recipe designer and holistic lifestyle educator. New Living encouraging others to shift towards a wholesome lifestyle; in addition, cultivating the common mindset into understanding that healthy living is a lifelong process, not just a diet plan.