Surprise your kids with tofu nuggets and they will surprise you by enjoying!
Kids love tofu nuggets! This recipe is simple and tasty!
JESSICA’S SHAKE EM’ UP NUGGETS
Prep Time 20 minutes—Cook Time 20 minutes—Total Time 40 minutes
You will need:
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Dash of white pepper
- package (12 oz) extra-firm tofu packed in water, pressed, cut into 1-inch
- Extra virgin olive oil
First, you will need to prepare the Batter.
- In a small bowl, whisk a tablespoon of flour and water— until smooth.
- Prepare the Flour Mix
- In a bowl combine: tapioca starch, salt, nutritional yeast, a 3 tablespoons of flour and white pepper. Pour all the combined ingredients into a plastic bag.
- Dip your pressed tofu into the batter; next, place the tofu into the flour bag and shake—coat the tofu with flour. Once you achieve a good coat, remove tofu and tap off excess flour off and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil (1/2 inch) over medium-high heat. Place tofu nuggets apart in oil and cook for about 3-5 minutes (for crispy nuggets), turning once or until golden brown.
- Your nuggets should be nice and crispy; remove the nuggets from the skillet and place on a dry kitchen towel or paper towels. Pat any excess oil off the nuggets.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauces.
Error: There is no connected account for the user jessicajttaylor. Feed will not update.
You may also enjoy
Jessica is a rising new face of vegan culinary cuisine who takes pride in her craft as a recipe designer and holistic lifestyle educator. New Living encouraging others to shift towards a wholesome lifestyle; in addition, cultivating the common mindset into understanding that healthy living is a lifelong process, not just a diet plan.