5 natural remedies for summer skin
Rather than running to the nearest beauty counter, run on over to your neighborhood supermarket; grab you a few plants, fruits, and vegetables to clear up the problem.
Try my top 5 natural remedies for summer skin.
- Coconut Water
Who doesn’t love coconut water? Coconut water refreshes the body; not only that, coconut water contains high levels of Vitamin C. Vitamin C assists in reducing sunburn. After you spend a day in the sun, attempt, this coconut water cleanse.
Coconut Water Cleansing Process
- Apply coconut water directly on the skin, (use a cotton ball)
- Let the water soak into your skin
- Your skin will soften after about 30 minutes
- Next, rinse your face, with cold water
- Pat dry your face with a dry, with a white (non-dye) washcloth or towel
- Avocado Mask
Brighten your skin with avocados! If you desire glowing skin or an even-toned skin, avocados are your go-to. Avocados decreases inflammation, and they contain Vitamin E, which prevents wrinkles.
- You will need, 1 ripened avocado and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Slice the avocado; remove the pit, and mix in the coconut oil
- Apply to skin, and let the application set in for about 20 minutes
- Immediately, after applying an avocado mask, your skin will feel smooth and clean.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is what I call, a miracle plant. Egyptians described, in their stone writings, as the plant of mortality. I remember, as a child, my mother applying aloe vera to treat sunburn.
Over the years, the gel removed, from the aloe leaf, has been known for an excellent natural skin care remedy. Research for yourself, many preventative, skincare products contain aloe vera. From my experience, I’ve noticed a tremendous change in my skin. Aloe vera gel includes stimulants that assist with anti-inflammatory and stimulants that create new skin cells.
- Tumeric Oil
Turmeric is a bright-orange root, commonly used in Indian Cuisine—a key cooking component for centuries. It’s a common skin brightener, primarily amongst Indian women.
Tumeric oil improves the reduction of acne, blackheads, and, blemishes. You will immediately, experience soft skin and a magical glow once you apply. I’m guilty of massaging turmeric oil over my whole body; it’s addicting. Tumeric oil, not only removes all the skin imperfections, but it balances the skin’s complexion. A few drops can go a long way!
You will need:
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil or olive oil, (gently melted)
- In a small l bowl and mix the ingredients, melt.
- Apply to your face and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Use daily, or up to 3 days a week.
Mangos are not only delicious, but they are beneficial for your overall health. Mangos produce collagen; collagen maintains wrinkle-free skin. Vitamins A and C, which produces collagen, improves the immune system by providing collagen proteins.
- The effects of mangos:
- Cleansing of pores
- Fight against the damage of free radicals.
- Protect against premature aging.
- Boost cellular transformation to make collagen
- You Will Need
- 2 tablespoons mango pulp
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- Mix the mango pulp with cinnamon and nutmeg powders
- Clean your face with a gentle cleanser. Pat it dry
- Apply the face pack and let it dry for 20 minutes
- Wash with cold water
Don’t let dry, irritated skin block your glow; shine on with these fantastic natural skin care recipes.
You may also enjoy
Jessica is a rising new face of vegan culinary cuisine who takes pride in her craft as a recipe designer and holistic lifestyle educator. New Living encouraging others to shift towards a wholesome lifestyle; in addition, cultivating the common mindset into understanding that healthy living is a lifelong process, not just a diet plan.